- 6 large free-range eggs
- 1 tbsp xylitol
- ½ cup melted unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Whisk together the eggs, xylitol and melted butter.
3. Sift together the coconut flour, baking powder and salt.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and blend until thickened.
5. Transfer the mixture to a greased bread tin and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the sides pull away from the tin and are golden brown.
6. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling – about 30 minutes. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Makes 1 small loaf (12 slices) Per slice: energy: 134 kcal protein: 4g fat: 11g carbs: