- 2 cups (tightly packed) fresh basil or Italian parsley leaves
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- ¼ cup pine nuts, pecan nuts or sunflower seeds, toasted
- cup olive oil
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan
- salt and milled pepper, to taste
1. In a food processor, process the herbs with the garlic and nuts or seeds until well mixed.
2. Gradually add the oil in a slow, steady steam to make a thick paste.
3. Stir in the cheese and season. Refrigerate for up to 2 weeks, or freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Makes about 1 cup Per 1 tbsp serving: energy: 116 kcal protein: 2g fat: 12g carbs: 0g