These muffins are high in beta-carotene to assist the immune system and eye health.
- 4 tbsp coconut oil, softened, plus extra for greasing
- 6 free-range eggs
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup roughly chopped raw macadamia nuts
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ cup pureed pumpkin
- 3 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Grease a muffin tray with coconut oil.
2. Beat the eggs, adding one at a time.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
4. Add the eggs and remaining ingredients and mix well.
5. Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases and bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
Makes 12 Per serving: energy: 137 kcal protein: 4g fat: 10g carbs: 8g ratio: 0.8:1